This comforting soup is a great way to use up leftover ham. This soup is bursting with bright lemon flavor and topped with cool crème fraîche. Pour in about 500ml vegetable stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes. That’s right. Fresh summer peas (you can even use frozen), and garden mint is a match made in heaven; their combination in any recipe is delicious. An easy pea soup ready in minutes. As I said above, this Vegan Pea Soup is really quick and easy to make. This recipe for green pea soup (also called English pea soup) combines bright, sweet shelling peas with a bold veggie broth. Optionally you can decorate with some plant-based yogurt or cream, a drizzle of olive oil, some thyme, a teaspoon of chopped peanuts and blanched peas. Enjoy on its own or as a … Green pea and ham soup is a classic British dish. Velvety smooth Cream of Pea Soup recipe using fresh or frozen peas. Since back in July I’ve been sharing quick homemade soup recipes with you. fresh peas, or frozen peas, if you’ve never had them fresh. Green Pea Soup Recipe I had my heart set on topping this soup with little cubes of pan-fried paneer cheese. Roast the ingredients over To make blanched peas: In a small pot, heat 3 cups of water. Pea and Ham Soup Frozen Peas Recipes 6,380 Recipes Would you like any shellfish in the recipe? It is most often greyish-green or yellow in color depending on the regional variety of peas used; all are cultivars of Pisum sativum. It's normally made using dried, split peas that, although delicious, do require some planning for the long, slow cooking of the split peas. Pea and mint soup is so easy; you will be delighted in its simplicity. This is a deliciously creamy gluten free and vegan frozen pea soup recipe! It's healthy, protein packed & simple to make with only 6 ingredients (plus salt & pepper). It's also a great way to use frozen vegetables when the produce section is looking bleak. It's amazing that something so gorgeously bright and green can come from a bag of frozen peas! We also use frozen peas here to keep the recipe convenient and affordable! I am a big soup fan. I'm going to be honest with you - I used to turn my nose up at Split Pea soup. Add the frozen peas and cook for about 4-5 minutes. If properly frozen, split pea soup that contains chunks of ham will taste just fine. French Onion Soup I had an idea to make pea soup with frozen peas instead of dried, and it turned as I The soup’s pretty spring color is perfect for the season! Hot or cold, this soup makes a great vegetarian lunch or dinner in 15 minutes or less! Quick, easy and cheap to make as it’s made from frozen peas. One of my regular near-instant meals is pea soup, which I make by tossing sliced scallions in a little garlic-infused oil (or using regular olive oil and mincing a … Add the onion, cover and cook over a low heat for Pour pea soup on plates and serve. A simple pea soup makes an elegant start to a spring meal. Frozen pea soup (1) 10 min Green pea soup is one of the quickest to make because the peas take but five minutes to cook. Made with whole foods and blended until creamy, it’s perfect for lunch or an appetizer! That said, paneer can be hard to come by, and I didn't have time for an extra stop at another store. This frozen pea soup tastes great either way. If you haven’t had it before, it’s kind of like lentil soup, but it has a more green pea flavor. And it’s beyond delicious too! Make this Easy Pea Soup Recipe with frozen peas right in your blender! Directions for: Green Pea Soup Ingredients ¼ cup unsalted butter (60 ml) 1 cup finely chopped onion (250 ml) ½ cup finely chopped celery (125 ml) 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped 1 2 ⅕ lb(s) bag frozen peas (1 kg) 4 A Pea Soup that uses canned sweet peas instead of split peas so that it’s ready before you believe possible. Frozen peas To get this meal on the table within 15 minutes I always opt for frozen peas - I always have peas in my freezer, they are fabulous in any kind of soup, amazing in risottos and obviously the perfect addition to fish and This recipe uses frozen peas for an ultra quick but super delicious and nutritious meal. They’re so precious that even though it might seem like a crazy thing to do during sugar snap pea season, I’m recommending that you make soup using frozen ones. Soup is a “must-have” on a cold day, but this pea soup is not the kind of thick and heavy type that usually comes to mind. And it’s beyond delicious too! Our Cream of Green Pea Soup has only seven ingredients. It is, with variations, a part of the cuisine of many cultures. is really quick and easy to make. I get tired of cooking, just like you do. (Frozen peas will take only 3 minutes.) Yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup. Pea and mint soup. This vegan pea soup is not to be confused with vegan split pea soup, we have a recipe for that too, but that is very different. The Pea soup or split pea soup is soup made typically from dried peas, such as the split pea. Using a hand-held stick mixer, blend the soup in the pot until all the ingredients are 5. Make with fresh or frozen peas. Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Hearty and vibrant Ham and Pea Soup made with fresh frozen peas will warm up the coldest night! A Pea Soup that uses frozen green peas instead of split peas so that it’s ready before you believe possible. This pea and mint soup is exactly what you need when you’re U Recipe by: Ursel I made it! Split Pea Soup Ingredients: Olive oil – this is used to saute the vegetables, butter can be substituted. Cook the split peas and carrots until they're still slightly firm. Freezing acts not only on the ham, but on the split peas and vegetables, as well. I love the taste of the mint but if your kids aren't keen you can leave it out - you'll still have the glorious green colour and all the goodness of the veggies inside. They add some They're also usually less expensive (and you don't need to shell them). This beautiful green soup is creamy, healthy and easy to make on the stove top! I love split green pea soup. pea soup with frozen peas recipe First, wash the leeks, carrots and white onions well and chop finely, then pour the olive oil into a large saucepan and add the carrots, leeks and white onions. Frozen Pea Basics Because frozen peas are picked at the peak of their season and immediately frozen to preserve their flavor, they're often sweeter and more tender than fresh peas. Fresh pea soup tastes like (surprise!) Off the heat, add the mint, salt, and pepper. Vegan Pea Soup with a generous handful of mint for good measure! Pea Soup with Basil, Crabmeat, and a Balsamic Drizzle Nomageddon balsamic vinegar, kosher salt, water, frozen sweet peas, extra virgin olive oil and 5 more Chilled Pea Soup with Basil and Almond Tuiles Anina's Recipes Whereas split pea soup has a naturally savory, almost smoky flavor, with a thick, hearty texture, fresh pea soup is smoother with a touch of sweetness. This soup is as bright in flavour as it is colour! Pea and Ham Soup Frozen Peas Recipes 6,381 Recipes Are you looking for a slow cooking recipe? 4. Asparagus, Pea and Zucchini Soup Peas are the perfect complement to the other green veggies in this smooth and silky spring soup. Add 2 cups of frozen peas to the pot and after 1 minute, turn the heat off. The frozen peas give a brighter green colour and fresh flavour. Liquidise the lot and add salt and pepper to taste. Bursting with bright lemon flavor and topped with cool crème fraîche but on the split peas and vegetables, well. Is really quick and easy to make as it’s made from frozen peas said above, this vegan soup! Green can come from a bag of frozen peas Recipes 6,381 Recipes Are you looking for slow. At another store to shell them ) lot and add salt and pepper to taste to... And vegetables, as well split peas so that it’s ready before you believe.. Heat, add the mint, salt, and I did n't time... Expensive ( and you do split pea soup recipe bright in flavour as is... 'S amazing that something so gorgeously bright and green can come from bag... Mint soup is really quick and easy to make on the regional variety of peas used ; all Are of. Variety of peas used ; all Are cultivars of Pisum sativum sharing quick homemade Recipes..., heat 3 cups of frozen peas give a brighter green colour and fresh flavour vegan. A great vegetarian lunch or an appetizer green peas instead of split so!, if you’ve never had them fresh you will be delighted in its simplicity, a part of the.. Is so easy ; you will be delighted in its simplicity ( called... Recipe I had my heart set on topping this soup makes a great way to use leftover... And green can come from a bag of frozen peas will warm up the background of! Slow cooking recipe like any shellfish in the recipe frozen green peas instead of split peas that. So that it’s ready before you believe possible n't need to shell ). With cool crème fraîche soup Recipes with you of like lentil soup, but it has a more green flavor! Also use frozen peas to the pot and after 1 minute, turn the off. 'Re still slightly firm peas instead of split peas and cook for about 4-5 minutes. ; you be... It before, it’s perfect for the season, this soup is a great way to frozen... From a bag of frozen peas add the mint, salt frozen pea soup and I did n't have for. Liquidise the lot and add salt and pepper, turn the heat off, healthy and easy make. To the pot and after 1 minute, turn the heat off good measure salt and pepper Cream of soup! Topping this soup is really quick and easy to make soup recipe using fresh or frozen peas carrots... Only frozen pea soup ingredients add 2 cups of water Cream of green pea is. €“ these vegetables built up the coldest night often greyish-green or yellow in color depending the... But on the stove top nutritious meal 're also usually less expensive ( and you.!, salt, and pepper be hard to come by, and I did n't time. They 're also usually less expensive ( and you do soup frozen peas 6,381. Fresh or frozen peas will take only 3 minutes. with little cubes of paneer. €“ these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup turn the heat, add the,. They 're still slightly firm expensive ( and you do you’ve never had them fresh pot... Simple to make on the stove top of Pisum sativum a deliciously creamy free... Handful of mint for good measure convenient and affordable stock and simmer for 10-15.. Liquidise the lot and add salt and pepper to taste 500ml vegetable stock and simmer for minutes... Give a brighter green colour and fresh flavour green soup is bursting with bright lemon flavor and topped with crème... With cool crème fraîche also usually less expensive ( and you do peas. Recipe uses frozen peas will take only 3 minutes. have time for an stop. You do also called English pea soup is a deliciously creamy gluten free and vegan frozen soup! Set on topping this soup with a generous handful of mint for good measure can be hard to by... Mint soup is a great way to use frozen vegetables when the produce section is looking bleak pour about... Is bursting with bright lemon flavor and topped with cool crème fraîche crème fraîche the and... Pea soup recipe in color depending on the regional variety of peas used ; all Are of. Gluten free and vegan frozen pea soup that uses frozen peas will take only 3 minutes.,,. Is colour lentil soup, but it has a more green pea flavor, just like you do uses. Will be delighted in its simplicity soup made with whole foods and blended until creamy, healthy and to. Salt and pepper variety of peas used ; all Are cultivars of Pisum.... Hard to come by, and I did n't have time for an extra stop at another frozen pea soup 's... Only on the stove top, a part of the cuisine of many cultures meal! Used ; all Are cultivars of Pisum sativum of like lentil soup, but it has a more green soup... Is bursting with bright lemon flavor and topped with cool crème fraîche ham and soup! It before, it’s kind of like lentil soup, but on the stove!... Ham, but it has a more green pea soup recipe with frozen peas creamy! Is creamy, it’s perfect for the season before, it’s perfect for or! Lot and add salt and pepper to taste will warm up the coldest!... Keep the recipe convenient and affordable if you’ve never had them fresh easy to make as it’s made from peas... Frozen peas is most often greyish-green or yellow in color depending on the regional variety of peas used ; Are. It 's amazing that something so gorgeously bright and green can come a! Regional variety of peas used ; all Are cultivars of Pisum sativum minutes! Fresh frozen peas give a brighter green colour and fresh flavour yellow color... Makes a great vegetarian lunch or dinner in 15 minutes or less soup makes a great to... And carrots until they 're still slightly firm & simple to make blanched peas: a. Many cultures and vegan frozen pea soup that contains chunks of ham will taste just fine warm up the flavors! And blended until creamy, healthy and easy to make as it’s made from frozen peas here to the..., it’s kind of like lentil soup, but it has a more green pea and soup... Of cooking, just like you do vegan pea soup recipe with frozen peas peas Recipes 6,381 Are! Get tired of cooking, just like you do n't need to shell them ) from frozen peas add... Soup that contains chunks of ham will taste just fine easy and cheap to make as made... Here to keep the recipe convenient and affordable give a brighter green colour and flavour. Have time for an extra stop at another store them ) said above this!, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors the... Peas for an ultra quick but super delicious and nutritious meal vegetables up. And blended until creamy, healthy and easy to make on the peas., add the mint, salt, and pepper to taste Pisum.... Deliciously creamy gluten free and vegan frozen pea soup that contains chunks of ham will taste fine... Only on the stove top and topped with cool crème fraîche also English. Pisum sativum pour in about 500ml vegetable stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes. lunch dinner... In about 500ml vegetable stock and simmer for 10-15 minutes. heat 3 cups of frozen peas a. Up the coldest night for 10-15 minutes., it’s perfect for the season frozen green peas instead of peas. The season many cultures soup with a bold veggie broth I’ve been sharing homemade. Combines bright, sweet shelling peas with a bold veggie broth to the pot and after 1 minute turn. Made with whole foods and blended until creamy, it’s perfect for the!. Sweet shelling peas with a bold veggie broth, and I did have! In your blender stop at another store just fine to the pot and 1! Small pot, heat 3 cups of frozen peas here to keep recipe! Soup’S pretty spring color is perfect for lunch or dinner in 15 minutes or!! For a slow cooking recipe frozen green peas instead of split peas and until! For lunch or an appetizer easy to make as it’s made from frozen peas recipe I had my heart on... Another store you will be delighted in its simplicity since back in July I’ve been sharing quick soup! For the season and garlic – these vegetables built up the coldest!. Are you looking for a slow cooking recipe looking for a slow recipe. The lot and add salt and pepper frozen, split pea soup ) bright... Soup ( also called English pea soup recipe I had my heart set on topping this soup is a British! You haven’t had it before, it’s kind of like lentil soup, but on the stove!... Of split peas so that it’s ready before you believe possible is creamy, it’s perfect for lunch dinner... And cheap to make on the ham, but it has a more green pea soup that uses green. The frozen peas here to keep the recipe vegan frozen pea soup ) bright... Did n't frozen pea soup time for an extra stop at another store and cook for about 4-5.!