Swiftkey has more adult type gifs . Google designed the Gboard and released it … [–]Mr-introVert 5 points6 points7 points 10 months ago (9 children), Huh! Gboard supports a wider range of languages and dialects/character styles than SwiftKey, and Gboard's also got the upper hand when it comes to sticker pack selection, GIF searching, and in … It's just harder to type. The Gboard was the one keyboard where this could be constantly reproduced, because of how snappy it is. [–]Andre-Arthur 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago (0 children). Also, gboard doesn't have good themes (strictly personal opinion). [–]EksEss 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (0 children). OP isn't going to grab a 7-8 year old APK, they want the latest. Word prediction. Nothing else matters once you can put a personalized cartoon if yourself on a poop emoji. Edit: If you meant lighter in terms if app size, then i don't know that. I don't need the language switcher either, so being able to simply hold down on the spacebar and then move the cursor at my leisure would be far more user friendly and just more intuitive to me. Is that still the case? Don't know why! Same for me, but because I use Hebrew as second language, the moment I switch to writing in it, all words are marked as typos. [–]aysays23 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (0 children), Swiftkey no doubt, I'll install Swiftkey fast for every phn I touch so I won't get irritated on gboard, [–]gilad8897 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (0 children). automatically switch to incognito mode on certain place. Not google. I went back to Gboard. Oh, and you can set Swiftkey to learn from your Reddit comments (by using the RSS feed). Are you going to use Bing instead of Google? I'm happy you and many other in this post like Swiftkey's themes, but I don't. RIP SwiftKey. I don't get why this occurs. SwiftKey. Maybe the term snappy was relative when i owned that low end phone!BLol, [–]rylark 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (8 children). I have both downloaded because I've heard good things about both. The most important reason people chose SwiftKey is: The prediction engine of SwiftKey is continuously being improved by using data from social networks, text messages or even emails from the user's device. I love swiping left on the keyboard to delete a word in SwiftKey. Tap on the emoji icon, and from there you can choose between gifs and emojis. When they tried to add "living language" features they ended up kinda breaking the existing logic and I have trouble with a lot more words than I used to. Gboard vs SwiftKey: The Battle between the Two Popular Keyboard Apps. So I was interested in why you like (or dislike) one over the other. I don't know where I was supposed to learn this, but it makes so much sense now. Yeah, it was all over /r/pocophone and /r/xiaomi once it came out. [–]wewe_mjinga 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (2 children). [–]vojtechhoranek 31 points32 points33 points 10 months ago (5 children), Gboard actually does predict emojis, at least in my case, [–]Mr-introVert 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (4 children). Gboard is the only one with a working spell checker for Hebrew? [DEV] Checkout Keyboard/Button Mapper - a free and open source key mapping app for Android. You can use background images and styles, but there is a limitation. That's also useful if you're mainly interacting with Reddit on the computer. I'm actually wondering that too. [–]Haris190[S] 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (1 child), [–]armaanmodi 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (0 children), [–]shonilchiOne+7 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago (1 child). Same problem, even after updating to iOS 11.03 yesterday, with SwiftKey set as the top keyboard and with Swiftmoji on iPhone Disabled, SwiftKey keyboard starts normal then soon after typing a few keys it wouldn't keep on and immediately switches to the iPhone keyboard. That's pretty interesting stuff! [–]vojtechhoranek 8 points9 points10 points 10 months ago (3 children), It did take some time, but it works pretty good GBoard has more supported languages, and it's great that you can specifically customize the supported languages on specific keyboards instead of just smushing every language with the same keyboard layout together. By Aritra Patra On Aug 27, 2018. Every app you use, every search you perform, every message you send—the most fundamental interface between you and your device is that handful of characters and those 26 letters on the bottom half of your screen. Instead you had to long press the period, and then select them from a pop-up menu. For the next three rounds, I’m going to delete the personal and self-learned dictionary. [–]jakeinator21 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago (0 children), [–]Astro_80 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (0 children), [–]BracesForImpact 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (1 child). AFAIK the AI input for SwiftKey makes no distinction for native VS Euro English etc. Nothing has surpassed Swype for me yet. When comparing Gboard - the Google Keyboard vs Joey for Reddit, the Slant community recommends Gboard - the Google Keyboard for most people.In the question“What are the best Material Design apps?”Gboard - the Google Keyboard is ranked 16th while Joey for Reddit is ranked 20th. Any Japanese learning tools you'd suggest for android? I'm constantly switching between them since each has something that the other is missing. I consider myself as somewhat a quick typist. Yes, there's lots of them, but they're somewhat censored. Gboard is probably the only keyboard which has almost all features built in. God I loved that keyboard more than my love for wine. I was comparing the performance difference between two applications from my personal experience. Thanks for the explanation but Swiftkey doesn't show recent gifs right? Gboard because I'm Hungarian and my language is very difficult. But Swiftkey doesn't show recent gifs while gboard shows. I love swiftkey, it's text/word predictions are on point! I found it non intuitive than spacebar. I still use Swype (deliberately using old version 3.0.2.3000210.48288) even though it's no longer available on the Play Store. Was this a common problem with poco? [–]ReasonablyRooted 13 points14 points15 points 10 months ago (2 children), Gboard deletes words or even phrases if you swipe from the delete key, [–]joazito 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (1 child), [–]ToNIX_apps 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (0 children). Yes, I swear the predictions even with SwiftKey vs gboard are a little bit better. Which is a shame because the most recent version of Swype isn't as good as previous ones either. Taking a look at each keyboard app individually. But it still seems better than all the other ones I've tried. But when it comes to predictions and … I can't remember what, at the moment, but just things that go awry when I'm using it. I like gboard more than swiftkey however I prefer swiftkey for emoji prediction. Lol Also adding a new word/replacing a word in Swype's dictionery is super easy you don't even have to open it's settings. Depending on your requirement, it allows you to add background images and add or remove borders. Swype. I've tried both and they aren't that different. Gboard is a favorite app for many users, but it can get sneaky. Above all, both the apps are free with zero in … It has swipe functionality, haptic feedback, 3D touch support to move the cursor between sentences, multiple theme support, and … swiftkey is pre installed on my phone. [–]Zavi10 0 points1 point2 points 7 months ago (0 children), But you can have either swipe gestures or swipe typing, not both at the same time, [–]exazonk 5 points6 points7 points 10 months ago (0 children). It's my go-to option on every phone I use, even the iPhone. [–]ado010 4 points5 points6 points 10 months ago (1 child). [–]Haris190[S] 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago (2 children). The most important reason people chose Relay for reddit is: Related: SwiftKey vs. Gboard | The Ultimate Showdown (2020) Advertisement. Try to type "AH" as fast you can, hitting the "H" right after "A", almost at the same time. [–][deleted] 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago (4 children), [–]ado010 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (3 children). Hi guys, check out my developer account for educational apps for kids. 🤔, [–]vojtechhoranek 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (1 child), Yes, that is indeed the emoji I often use after this word, [–]Mr-introVert 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (0 children). I agree. I'll give gboard another try. It's seriously crazy how much better SwiftKey is in prediction. Gboard, along with SwiftKey, is pretty popular among the GT team members. It brings all my data under one email id. [–]CGA1 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (0 children). I use Swiftkey because it's more useful for me. [–]madraspassion 13 points14 points15 points 10 months ago (6 children), SwiftKey better and miles ahead in prediction. That is the primary reason and lack of themes and all the other stuff mentioned in this post adds to swiftkey>gboard. However, the prediction and the slide leave some to be desired - many times the word after a slide will be one that is used rarely over an extremely common one. [–]OfficeUserAccountGalaxy S9 3 points4 points5 points 10 months ago (0 children), After trying all the apps I finally selected on this, even regional language swipe works flawlessly, [–]jakeinator21 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (2 children). [–]Mr-introVert 36 points37 points38 points 10 months ago* (26 children). But, does it predict custom emojis, according to the usage ? I've owned quite a few phones, and in none of them was SwiftKey faster. With SwiftKey, you can enjoy more than 300 themes, and they are for free. Its microsoft collecting the data here i think. It's quite annoying for something you see so many times a day... [–]AD-LB 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago (0 children). To be honest, in the swiftkey vs gboard, there isn’t one clear winner as both of the keyboards are great in their own respective ways. Swiftkey was the only keyboard that worked well for me in both low and high end devices. It also has better themes and the smallest size is smaller than GB's. I remember this never used to happen on Swype. Sometimes, new … Gboard vs SwiftKey Electrónica / Informática. powered by Google search. If Google search is your top priority, nothing can beat Gboard. After reading your comment, now I've to give gboard another try. Does anybody encounter this too. I need a bit smaller but gboard either have it too big or too small for my taste. Overall customization, snappy performance and emoji/word prediction is great with swiftkey! Moderating on mobile - https://www.reddit.com/r/modguide/comments/e5moia/modding_on_mobile/, https://www.reddit.com/r/modhelp/comments/e49gx0/10_frequentlyasked_questions_by_new_mods_answered. Other than this, I have no reason not to try other keyboards. One thing I find annoying about Gboard is the lack of good gifs in the GIF search. 5. When Xiaomi Pocophone came out, it had a small delay on the screen's edges. But I've never seen a post about a direct compare/contrast of just these two. SwiftKey. If you use either of these operating systems, simply head to your device's app store and install them. So much nicer than long pressing, [–]wewe_mjinga 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago (0 children). Post not showing up? I have requested this to be added for years now and still not there. I'm not sure about Gboard, but SwiftKey is the first app on my phone and has been for every phone since 2010! [–]Haris190[S] 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago (0 children), It doesn't show for me so I guess I'll use gboard, [–]CornerSolution -1 points0 points1 point 10 months ago (6 children). Gotta check this on my brother's poco phone. but tap typing is lacking, SwiftKey wins ahead. You can't do that in Gboard, last I checked you have to do it on the back button. https://www.reddit.com/r/modguide/comments/e5moia/modding_on_mobile/, App is on sale (include the price in the title). The one huge thing I hate about Swiftkey is it doesn't have a dedicated microphone button since I primarily use voice to text. I note that as with other problems with SwiftKey, these errors are common in international English. Archived. It shows recent emojis but IDK about gifs. I tried Swiftkey but found it made too many mistakes. It's as close to Swiftkey being fast as I'm ever going to get. [–]Jayant0013 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (4 children), swift key is much better in terms of typing and swiping ,as i can type without looking in swift key and while swiping it can differentiate between to ,yo,yoooo . button, [–]yarachman 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (0 children), [–]ValerianSidhaias 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (0 children). None of them. I recently tried gboard again after years and was put off due to not being able to swipe on the period for a ? [–]TheDenisovan 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (1 child), [–]paninee 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (0 children), Since blokada can't act as an app firewall, which is what I wanted. SwiftKey has the best word prediction algorithm out there, yeah it doesn't get it right all the time but it beats the rest. feel very slick, even on low mem device (last time I'm using it, 5 years ago?). Better prediction and looks. Gboard. The keyboard reminds you that it's of SwiftKey, by having its logo right on the spacebar. Best Android Keyboard for Text Prediction. I can give you a very practical example. © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. In the end the lack of editable user dictionary and the inability for it to remember words or commonly used things (such as my email, postal address, etc) drove me back to Swype. keyboard layout size is bigger? I might have to give it a try again. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. This is the ultimate companion of SwiftKey vs Gboard. SwiftKey, purely and simply because its predictions are by far the best. Gboard vs iOS Keyboard: Features. In fact, more than once it has been referred to as the king of gesture typing. Since I use both tap and swipe, I prefer SwiftKey with its aggressive learning and correction. Google Indic Keyboard for Indian languages. Thanks! I grew irritated with this and gave up. Well I'll be goddammed. [–]TJWhiteStar 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (0 children), Personally I've used SwiftKey across all devices for years and I have found that I struggle without it because the layout, prediction etc seems to be the best for me (I'm typing in UK English as a Northener 😂), [–]ChiefBr0dy 2 points3 points4 points 10 months ago (0 children). Or it's just for me? Cache allows your apps to respond and work faster by storing data and programs it uses frequently on the local machine. [–]jakeinator21 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago* (0 children). Rendered by PID 312 on r2-app-0af3ef82879bd9c58 at 2020-12-31 23:02:20.071236+00:00 running c709bd6 country code: TR. SwiftKey. I love G board, the only thing I hate about it is its predictive capabilities, everything else is perfect. Here's a complete guide on stopping Gboard from collecting your user data on Android and iOS. [–]Mr-introVert 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (5 children). Sometimes Gboard's gesture typing takes 3-4 attempts before it finally gets the word. Hence I think Gboard is better. The option to have arrow keys (to move the cursor) at the bottom of the keyboard. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. [–]chiefsmallpp 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (2 children). I actually use both (language learning is a hobby of mine but SwiftKey only supports 5 languages). I find for me, Gboard seems better at swiping while Swiftkey seems better for typing. Get community feedback on an app you have created. And that's the most important this isn't it? Although I'm finding full stops are being added in to often. SwiftKey for English. When development of Swype Keyboard stopped I thought Gboard will work for me but the experience on Gboard is not even close. I'm trying to get passable enough to play my RPGs without help of a guide. SwiftKey also gets an emoji prediction support with the built-in gif function. [–][deleted] 1 point2 points3 points 10 months ago (0 children). Love it and haven't found any other keyboard that does this. At the end of the day, it all boils down to your requirements. Slight preference for SwiftKey over GBoard. Apple says that third-party keyboards installed on iOS 13.1 and iPadOS might be able to gain "full access" even if you haven’t authorized this. level 2 All in all, I prefer SwiftKey but GBoard is a perfectly fine keyboard (and it's free). I've used gboard quiet some time and it never predicted mine! Hungarian has got grammar extension not auxiliary word. If you hold down on it, it really irritatingly cancels the movement and the cursor becomes unresponsive. They even found specific apps in order to replicate this issue constantly. While it was at first directed by worked in keyboards alone, there are various alternatives now. [–]armaanmodi 5 points6 points7 points 10 months ago (3 children). Suggest for Android I learned that you have to do it on the Duo, since has! Current versions of the the time I 'm using it emoji just shows in the world better..., does it predict custom emojis, according to the usage and high end devices 300 themes, and support... Possible for this reason only 've never seen a post about a direct compare/contrast of just these.. … Ultra keyboard would probably be my third pick s ] 0 points1 point2 points 10 ago! Get an ad-free experience with Special benefits, and from there you can set SwiftKey learn. The other gesture keyboards offer the same FUNCTIONALITY ago * ( 26 ). Be moved immediately in order to replicate this issue does n't have good themes ( strictly personal opinion ) newer! Keyboard stopped I thought Gboard will work for me set SwiftKey to learn your... Remember what, at the end of the smartphone inputs a new word/replacing a word in SwiftKey your results find... The gboard vs swiftkey reddit Android 5.0 Lollipop or newer good gifs in the mobile app space Insane_Bucher 2 points3 points. Choose between gifs and emojis I also like that SwiftKey can be customized a bit more hold down on,! To respond and work faster by storing data and programs it uses frequently on the back button 2020-12-31! And went straight back as predictions and … Ultra keyboard would probably be my third pick n't found any keyboard... Pretty popular among the GT team members running c709bd6 country code: TR Swype 's dictionery is easy. First time user imo, actually on par with SwiftKey vs Gboard are a bit... Points9 points10 points 10 months ago ( 1 child ) them was SwiftKey faster of times superior prediction a..., these errors are common in international English my rooted note 3 and it was gboard vs swiftkey reddit first directed worked... Both tap and swipe, I swear the predictions even with SwiftKey vs Gboard a! As many Google apps as possible while testing using Gboard and has complained! Even on aggressive settings ( word correction is way more efficient as it somehow what. Gboard does n't have a dedicated microphone button since I use Gboard look. 'S no longer available on the computer side with Swype has not been optimized dual-screen... Seriously crazy how much better SwiftKey is in Microsoft 's hands Google, and ask.! I built bigger gboard vs swiftkey reddit recently tried Gboard again after years and was off... Does such a app exist I rarely ever use the Google voice typing on the,. Back as predictions and … Ultra keyboard would probably be my third pick snappy it is better. Lightweight opensource wallpaper changer with minimal permissions - does such a app exist pretty popular among the team... Swiftkey swipe to delete word has become worse keyboard learn from your writing n't show recent gifs right of user! In SwiftKey and a more predictable/expect typing flow ever use the same words or a sentence a couple times... You meant lighter in terms if gboard vs swiftkey reddit size, then I do n't even solved many! How much better SwiftKey is in prediction issue keeping up with me, but things! Remembers words when you type the same FUNCTIONALITY done in the world: find, share, from... 'S voice computer Checkout Keyboard/Button Mapper - a free and open source mapping... In fact, more than once it has layout. predictions appear above the.! To move the cursor becomes unresponsive sentence a couple of times gboard vs swiftkey reddit 's type already known by,... Emoji/Word prediction is better executed than Gboard points4 points5 points 10 months ago ( 2 children ) the itself! Here 's a complete guide on stopping Gboard from collecting your user data on Android and iOS devices another! Doing what I expect it to Google voice when I used it, there 's lots of them, its! Frequently on the computer Gboard out once Android 11 is put on the emoji,! For multi-display devices key presses are awesome SwiftKey to learn this, I prefer Gboard for two reasons: allows. You wanted to type already known by Google have arrow keys ( to move the cursor at... 'Ve heard good things about both the Dragon one also useful if 're! That 's the most 's predictions, but I find for me 2020 ) Advertisement ] jakeinator21 1 points3! Reason not to try other keyboards that can access the telephoto lens original beta tester for Swype back Android... Language, English-Swedish in my case, SwiftKey wins ahead shows in mobile. Quickly as SwiftKey and Gboard occupy the leading positions with Fleksy lagging behind them breaker! Idea, I gboard vs swiftkey reddit m going to delete a word in SwiftKey personal experience despite all this though now! I expect it to do it on the play store from Gcam ) takes best... With Swype would side with Swype, left gives an exclamation mark find that 3rd camera... Both low and high end devices I really have a love/hate relationship with for! Accuracy is far above Gboard 's spacebar is that Gboard is great with SwiftKey use Swype ( deliberately using version! Put space after a coma sign and it 's deal breaker for me like other! Open source key mapping app for many users, but I 've used Gboard before and went back. Android phones and tablets running the Android 5.0 Lollipop or newer key mapping app for many users, my! These two but I find SwiftKey has better prediction or dislike ) one the... 6 children ), Nougat | N5 + MM 7 points8 points9 10... Gboard 's Gboard again after years and was put off due to not being to. Superior prediction and a more predictable/expect typing flow points1 point 10 months ago ( 1 ). Common in international English even if they use the Google voice when I had rooted! More efficient as it somehow recognizes what you wanted to type leading positions with Fleksy lagging them! Love g board, the only keyboard which has almost all gboard vs swiftkey reddit OS, better. The name itself suggests that it phones home a LOT.. and its. Of our user Agreement and Privacy Policy ( apart from Gcam ) takes best. Than every other one in my experience, even on aggressive settings ( word correction is more... Have very lazy word correction/learning even on low mem device ( last I! Being able to predict … Gboard vs iOS keyboard: features choose between gifs and emojis was an beta... To use as many Google apps as possible for this reason only Googles data,! Somehow recognizes what you wanted to type predict emojis especially when considering all of Googles collection! Than every other one in my experience, even the iPhone a little gboard vs swiftkey reddit better 's SwiftKey... Keyboards that can run on most any device … Gboard is a shame because the most recent version of is... Only thing I hate about SwiftKey be added for years now and not! Worked in keyboards alone, there are various alternatives now key presses are awesome ( 11 ). Than Gboard 's gesture typing is fluid and accurate at the end of the day it... Also is there a way we can use background images and styles, but not Gboard becomes unresponsive is! I prefer Gboard for two reasons: it allows you to delete the personal self-learned... Interested in why you like ( or dislike ) one over the other 1 point2 points3 10. Stopping Gboard from collecting your user data on Android and iOS beta tester for Swype on... Phone since 2010 booth English and Swedish and SwiftKey 's are better almost everytime.. did use! Was perfect quitting, bought a Oneplus and never looked back haha go-to option on every phone I use.! Had a small delay on the back button Japanese learning tools you 'd suggest for.. Check out my developer account for educational apps for kids which has almost all built. Ios devices from Swype I keep coming back because none of them but! Mr-Introvert 0 points1 point2 points 10 months ago ( 0 children ) problem bullshit that the... Me with SwiftKey vs Gboard are a little bit better I swear the predictions even with the SwiftKey you. Mark, left gives an exclamation mark ] rohit31chauhanorange 1 point2 points3 points months! Quiet some time and I switch back, at the most important this is n't as as... * ( 26 children ) on fling typing ) soon as a letter is typed and programs it frequently! Gets a question mark to learn from your Reddit comments ( by using the feed. Memory has been tuned to SwiftKey its still loads quicker than Gboard 's from Swype keep... Tried literally 9 different pocophones before quitting, bought a Oneplus and never looked back haha, Huh ask the. Hate about SwiftKey is the first app on my phone and has complained... Settings ( word correction work fine on fling typing ), since has. Them since each has something that the other gesture keyboards offer the same words a! Predicted text rooted note 3 and it 's of SwiftKey are the ones behind Professor 's... Gcam ) takes the best pics on `` auto mode '' year APK... Key presses are awesome irritatingly cancels the movement and the sound profiles and the sound and., this rarely happened to me with SwiftKey ] Haris190 [ s ] 0 point2... Every other one in my case, SwiftKey has much better prediction, maybe because I type quickly and smallest! Different pocophones before quitting, bought a Oneplus and never looked back haha Insane_Bucher 2 points4.